2020 Summer Program will begin April 28 for pre-high school mixed and May 12 for high school boys. Summer Program will run thru July 12, and later for any teams who qualify for Junior Olympics.
2020 SUMMER PROGRAMS
- High School Boys – 18U & 16U
- Pre High School Mixed – 14U & 12U
- Intro Clinics – 10U, 12U, 14U
- Junior Olympics Program
Turlock United will look to participate in as many tournaments as possible during the summer. Listed below are the events TU participated in 2019 with *anticipated* dates.
For 2020, TU is looking to participate in the US National Junior Olympics which will be hosted in the Bay Area. JOs is the premier summer event for youth age-group water polo. As a national event, participation requires early commitment, extra time and additional expenses.
- May 17: Summer Kickoff, Sac-Rocklin
- May 30-31: Santa Cruz classic #1
- June 6-7: Golden Eagle Summer Bash, Clovis West HS
- June 13-14: Hardcore Cup, Fresno area
- June 19-21: 18/16/14U boys Junior Olympics Qualifier, Clovis
- June 27-28: 14U boys Clovis Summer Showdown, Clovis North HS
- June 27-28: 18/16U boys Steve Heaston Invitational, Lafayette-Moraga
- June 28: 12U-mixed Junior Olympics Qualifier, Modesto
- 7/10-12: Golden State Invitational, Stockton & Lodi (JO teams only)
- 7/11-12: Santa Cruz Tournament #2 (non JO teams)
- 7/18-21: 18U/16U/14U Boys Junior Olympics, Bay Area (pending qualification)
- 7/23-26: 12U Mixed Junior Olympics, Bay Area (pending qualification)
2020 SUMMER PROGRAM FEES – includes practices only
- $250 – High School Program
- $200 – Pre-High School Program
- $50 – Intro Clinic Session (one week)
- New for 2020, TU will charge athletes for each tournament attended. While this creates more paperwork, it makes the distribution of expenses more fair. Costs will be determined by each individual tournament entry fee as being divided among the players participating. Each tournament has a different fee with the regional (Golden State) and national events (Junior Olympics) having significantly higher fees than local events.
- Anticipate $15-30 per tournament for local events, higher for regional and national events.
Please mail checks payable to: Turlock United Water Polo Club | 2713 Lester Road | Denair CA | 95316 On the memo line, please write player(s) name(s) & playing age(s).
ADDITIONAL 2020 DETAILS
- Based on previous years, we anticipate that Pitman Pool will be closed June 1 – 12, so all practices are likely to be at THS during these first two weeks.
- USWP membership required for all athletes and coaches. See Registration page for more information.
- First-time players can take advantage of USWP’s new free 2-week “Trial Membership.” This is only for first-time players and can only be used once in a lifetime. Trial Membership good for Phase 1 (Weeks 1 & 2) only.
- Group placement for Phase 2 is determined by coaches during evaluation phase. Player evaluation and placement will continue throughout the training/comp phase and may change during the season.
- Athletes must be able to swim four (4) pool lengths without wall, lane-line, or other assistance.