SUMMER PROGRAM MENU
- High School Boys – 18U & 16U
- Pre High School Mixed – 14U & 12U
- Intro Clinics – 10U, 12U, 14U
- Junior Olympics Program
UPDATE: January 2020
For 2020, TU is looking to participate in the US National Junior Olympics which will be hosted in the Bay Area. JOs is the premier summer event for youth age-group water polo. As a national event, participation requires an early commitment to extra time and money. Below are the notes that were posted regarding Junior Olympics for reference.
Registration link coming soon.
JO PARTICIPATION DETAILS & TIMELINE
April 15 – Player commitment to TU with $200 deposit
- 18U Boys
- 16U Boys
- 14U Boys
- 12U Mixed (or 12U Boys if necessary)
May 1 – USWP Membership & Club Affiliation deadline – see details below
Late-May – JO Prep: Sac/Rocklin Summer Kickoff Tournament (this is shortly after CIF-SJS Swim Champs)
Early-/mid-June – JO Quals Prep: Clovis Tournament
June 19-21 – JO Qualifier:
- 18U/16U/14U/12U Boys (12U Mixed is following weekend)
- If qualify, we must commit to attend JOs
- All players who participate in the Qualifier are expected to be at JOs in July
- JO Qualifier for 12U-Mixed
- For all other age groups: Steve Heaston Invite, East Bay (Walnut Creek & Lafayette)
July 10-12 – Golden State Invite, Stockton/Lodi
July 18-21 – Junior Olympics Session 1 – Boys 18U/16U/14U/12U
July 23-26 – Junior Olympics Session 2 – 12U Mixed
COST TO T-UNITED
- $200 deposit due to TU April 15 to secure a roster spot
- TU costs after entry fee remain TBA but will be transparent
- Additional non-TU costs for families will include travel, lodging and food
USWP Club Affiliation Deadline
- By May 15, athletes must be registered with Turlock Water Polo (USWP #354) through USA Water Polo
- If your club affiliation is not set to Club #354 by May 15, you cannot participate in the Qualifier or Championships with Turlock United.
USA Water Polo Requirements
Athletes must have a current GOLD membership
- To renew or upgrade your current membership, login to your USAWP membership account; once purchased or upgraded, memberships take effect immediately.
Athletes must have their birth date verified
- Please check your membership account for verification status. If you have already completed the birth date verification process, you do not need to complete it again. For non-verified athletes, please visit the birth date verification web page for more information and instructions.
- NOTE: Birthdate Verification can take 3-5 business days.
Athletes must be affiliated with the club they will be participating with for both the JO qualifier and the National Junior Olympics.
- Note: Lapsed members from the previous membership year who do not renew prior to the affiliation deadline will be automatically locked in to his/her previous club affiliation.
Athletes 18 years of age or older must complete SafeSport training
- The training is free and may be accessed from USA Water Polo’s membership database. In order to access the training, please login to your USA Water Polo membership account and select “SafeSport Training” from the left-hand navigation menu. Once registered for the course, you will be sent instructions to complete training at SafeSport.org. There are currently three courses in order to be SafeSport Trained: (1) Emotional and Physical Misconduct, (2) Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education, and (3) Mandatory Reporting that take approximately 90 minutes total to complete.
Registration link coming soon.