UPDATE: May 15, 2019
Due to insufficient interest, we will not be participating in the 2019 Junior Olympics Qualifier this year.
Below are the notes that were posted regarding Junior Olympics for reference. Should T-United want to make an effort to participate in 2020 which will be in the San Francisco Bay Area, much of the following details will apply next year.
Turlock United Requirements
- Turlock United athletes interested in Junior Olympics are required to participate in the JO Team Preparation Events listed below.
- In addition to the JO Team Prep Events, athletes interested in Junior Olympics are strongly encouraged to participate in as many of the additional area tournaments. See our calendar for dates and locations.
- Should Turlock United not qualify for the Championships, we will still participate in Summer Showdown and Golden State.
JO Team Preparation/Qualification Events
- Hardcore Cup: Fresno June 15-16
- JO Qualifier tournament: Clovis June 21-23
- Summer Showdown: Clovis North June 28-30
- Golden State Invitational: Stockton/Lodi July 5-7
- Junior Olympics Championships: Orange County July 20-23
- See Summer Program page for details.
USWP Club Affiliation Deadline
- By May 31, athletes must be registered with Turlock Water Polo (USWP #354) through USA Water Polo
- If your club affiliation is not set to Club #354 by May 31, you cannot participate in the Qualifier or Championships.
USA Water Polo Requirements
Athletes must have a current GOLD membership
- To renew or upgrade your current membership, login to your USAWP membership account; once purchased or upgraded, memberships take effect immediately.
Athletes must have their birth date verified
- Please check your membership account for verification status. If you have already completed the birth date verification process, you do not need to complete it again. For non-verified athletes, please visit the birth date verification web page for more information and instructions.
- NOTE: Birthdate Verification can take 3-5 business days.
Athletes must be affiliated with the club they will be participating with for both the JO qualifier and the National Junior Olympics.
- Note: Lapsed members from the previous membership year who do not renew prior to the affiliation deadline will be automatically locked in to his/her previous club affiliation.
Athletes 18 years of age or older must complete SafeSport training
- The training is free and may be accessed from USA Water Polo’s membership database. In order to access the training, please login to your USA Water Polo membership account and select “SafeSport Training” from the left-hand navigation menu. Once registered for the course, you will be sent instructions to complete training at SafeSport.org. There are currently three courses in order to be SafeSport Trained: (1) Emotional and Physical Misconduct, (2) Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education, and (3) Mandatory Reporting that take approximately 90 minutes total to complete.