Last update: August 1, 2019
Winter Polo will offer programs for the groups listed below. Our competitive programs will participate in a few local tournaments followed by the end-of-season target event, the Kap7 Invite in Orange County in early-February. Winter Program will not interfere with CIF Spring Sports tryouts (Swim Team, Baseball, etc.)
Winter Program will begin the week following Thanksgiving break (December 2) and run through January 30 for the Intro Clinics or February 9 for the competitive teams.
High School Swim-Dive and spring sports season begins Monday, February 10.
- Introductory Clinics
- Pre-High School Mixed
- Pre-High School Mixed: 10U, 12U & 14U
- High School Boys: 16U & 18U
- High School Girls ? (this program will require additional local coaching staff)
WINTER PROGRAM ’19-20 *Tentative*
INTRODUCTION TO WATER POLO CLINICS
- Session 1: December 2 – 12
- Session 2: January 7 – 16
- Session 3: January 21 – 30
- Subject to change, details TBA
COMPETITIVE WATER POLO
- Practice: 2 x per week
- Tournaments: 2 local & 1 travel
- Details TBA
2019-20 WINTER TOURNAMENTS
All events and dates are tentative.
- Jan 25-26: TBA (possible Clovis Winter Rumble)
- Feb 1-2: TBA (possible Sac/Rocklin area)
- Feb 9-10: TBA (possible Kap7 Invite, Irvine/Orange County)
- Athletes must be able to swim four (4) pool lengths without wall, lane-line, or other assistance.
- For first-time players, USWP offers a free 2-week “trial” membership for first-time players only which could be used for the December clinics.